nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ChrisSam

US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"I Dropped my D5100"

ChrisSam Registered since 20th May 2012
Sun 20-May-12 04:05 PM

All, Help! I was packing my bag for a short train trip from Milan to Padua Italy. Had my D5100 carefully stowed in my carry-on luggage. I lifted the bag off the bed and spilled the contents on the floor. My D5100 hit the floor with a thud. The lens cap skittered across the hotel room floor. Here's what happened.
The lens thread broke, so the 18-55 mm lens no longer snugly bayonets into place. When I put on another lens, and try to release the shutter, I get an error message that says: "Error Press Shutter Release Button again". And of course the shutter doesn't release.

Can I repair the camera or have I damaged it beyond repair?

DSLR's are a new world for me. I cut my teeth on SLR-35mm cameras that you could get fixed.

Can anyone make a suggestion?
Thanks Chris

A general, generic topic I Dropped my D5100 [View all] , ChrisSam , Sun 20-May-12 04:05 PM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I Dropped my D5100 MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
20th May 2012
Reply message RE: I Dropped my D5100 ChrisSam
20th May 2012
Reply message RE: I Dropped my D5100 avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
21st May 2012