nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
thosmm

Spring Hill, US
77 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Another D5000 problem"

thosmm Registered since 12th May 2009
Thu 17-Sep-09 10:40 PM

Gretchen,

I understand why you want Wolf to send the camera in for you as you list Aruba as your home.

If this was recently, then I would be very wary of that Wolf Camera or at least ask to speak to someone who's been there more than a couple of weeks.

There is no excuse for any reputable dealer to be unaware of the Nikon D5000 situation. This problem has been ongoing for months, and Nikon's Service Advisory (aka recall) has been running since mid July.

If you have a postal drop in Fort Lauderdale or nearby, I'd suggest sending the camera back to Nikon with the postal drop as the return address.

The Service Advisory work is not done by Nikon, but by Precision Camera Repair in Connecticut. I don't know if they've gotten this figured out yet, but several people have had to send their camera in multiple times.

Good luck!

-TM-

Visit My webpage and gallery..

A general, generic topic Another D5000 problem [View all] , thosmm , Wed 02-Sep-09 07:31 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Another D5000 problem