nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New to SLR,D5000,what do you think?

thosmm

Spring Hill, US
77 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: New to SLR,D5000,what do you think?"

thosmm Registered since 12th May 2009
Tue 01-Sep-09 06:49 PM

Larry,

Honestly, it sounds like you may be trying too hard.

You've tweaked this and that and still don't seem to be happy with your images. To me, they look like they're composed fairly well and focus seems to be working for you; which is more than I can say for half of the pictures in my family photo album.

Try something and see how it works for you.

Do not go into the menus and change anything at all. Go out in your back yard and pick a flower to take a picture of. Turn the knob on the top of the camera to the flower/closeup SCENE mode and take a picture of the flower.

Then change the SCENE mode to landscape and take a picture of the entire back yard. Compose and focus the way you normally do; just don't try to adjust or edit anything in the camera or on the PC.

Post those two images and tell us what you see that you don't like. It may be that your PC is set with the brightness too high, or your the color may be set too warm or cold.

See how those two pictures turn out. See if they are closer to what you want than what you've been getting. Then let us see if we see the same problems you do.

-TM-

Visit My webpage and gallery..

A general, generic topic New to SLR,D5000,what do you think? [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Tue 01-Sep-09 06:26 PM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: New to SLR,D5000,what do you think? thosmm
01st Sep 2009
Reply message RE: New to SLR,D5000,what do you think? Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
01st Sep 2009
     Reply message RE: New to SLR,D5000,what do you think? Drbee Silver Member
02nd Sep 2009
     Reply message RE: New to SLR,D5000,what do you think? Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd Sep 2009
          Reply message RE: New to SLR,D5000,what do you think? Drbee Silver Member
02nd Sep 2009
          Reply message RE: New to SLR,D5000,what do you think? briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd Sep 2009
     Reply message RE: New to SLR,D5000,what do you think? thosmm
02nd Sep 2009
02nd Sep 2009