Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Richmond, US
27671 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Helpful D5000 info"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Mon 24-Aug-09 07:49 PM

Your messages are very hard to read. Please try to put more spaces and white space separating thoughts.

Color space - there are a variety of ways to interpret each numerical value, and they end up being different in result. It sounds to me as if your camera is producing Adobe RGB 1998 files, but most web software renders in sRGB, which is a narrower space. If you edit in Adobe 1998 and display in sRGB, images will appear different even on the same screen.

You need to look into hardware calibration - I forget their names, but look over in the printing scanning and color management forum. I bought mine several years ago and just use it. The calibration will let you set your monitor and system so that it matches the rest of the calibrated world, including brightness.

Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Helpful D5000 info [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Fri 21-Aug-09 06:16 PM
Reply message RE: Helpful D5000 info