nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4686
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Nikon D5100 Aperture issue" Previous topic | Next topic
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Wed 16-Nov-11 12:59 PM
3411 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon D5100 Aperture issue"
In response to In response to 3
Wed 16-Nov-11 01:26 PM by Leonard62

Hatboro, Pa, US

>Hi Leonard62,
>
>Thanks for your valuable information. Have you used D5100 ?. I
>am trying to get some details before jumping on to this
>camera.
>
>Basically all I understand is that the aperture will not
>change if we enter "A" live mode. We have to come
>out of live view to get the latest aperture changes. I am not
>sure how this is in D3100 and D7000.
>
>Thanks

Yes I use the D5100 all the time and have taken movies with it in liveview. I always use all my cameras in "A" mode. It's a nice little camera and been very reliable.

The aperture changes when you take the photo and then stays at the new aperture until you take the next photo. It does not change when you are just looking at the monitor. That's exactly the way the other 3 cameras work that I have mentioned. And they are all much more expensive then the D5100. Why is this a problem for you?

edit: Don't think that because DPreview says that something is a problem that it is. I stopped reading their reviews ever since we found out that they have used reviewers that are biased toward Canon cameras which they are familiar with. They even admitted that they are not familiar with Nikon and if a feature is not exactly the way it is implemented on the Canon that it is a fault. I don't know if this is the same reviewer but for me DPreview has become irrelevant. As have other reviewers.

The bottom line is that the D5100 takes perfect photos at the aperture you tell it to and how they get there should not be a concern.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicNikon D5100 Aperture issue [View all] , nivas , Tue 15-Nov-11 12:17 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D5100 Aperture issue
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
15th Nov 2011
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
15th Nov 2011
nivas
16th Nov 2011
16th Nov 2011
nivas
16th Nov 2011
16th Nov 2011
dumeril7
12th Apr 2012
Raqee
12th Apr 2012
dumeril7
12th Apr 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4686 Previous topic | Next topic