Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #398
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Surprised at the lack of posts here and the advisor..." Previous topic | Next topic
ibis Registered since 28th Jul 2009Wed 29-Jul-09 12:48 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Surprised at the lack of posts here and the advisory"
In response to In response to 0

Miami, US

Hi - I am new to photography and to this organization so please bear with me on my lack of knowledge. I look forward to learning from you.

I left the point and shoot world by purchasing a D5000 in June. I was in a photography class and learned the metering on the camera was completely off. I then got the advisory - plugged in the serial number and voila - my camera is part of the recall. Thinking I wasn't affected I called tech support to try to resolve the metering issue - while talking to them the camera just turned off. I followed Nikon's advisory instructions and sent the camera off for repair. It was received by Nikon on Monday. The tech support team cannot tell me how long it will take to fix. Other blogs have indicated that the recall is massive.

It's a bit disheartening that my first experience with a DSLR involves a recall. I had researched the D5000 extensively prior to purchase and it seemed a great camera for the price. Also weight was a consideration for me.

Has anyone else experienced metering problems with the camera? Can anyone tell me anything else about the recall, the repair process, etc. I would also like to hear good things about this camera so that I don't feel too bad about my purchase.

Thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicSurprised at the lack of posts here and the advisory [View all] , BigCTM , Tue 28-Jul-09 01:01 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Surprised at the lack of posts here and the advisor...
jrp Administrator
28th Jul 2009
thosmm
28th Jul 2009
Larry E30 Silver Member
28th Jul 2009
thosmm
07th Aug 2009
Covey22 Moderator
28th Jul 2009
ibis
29th Jul 2009
Covey22 Moderator
29th Jul 2009
Larry E30 Silver Member
29th Jul 2009
ibis
07th Aug 2009
Covey22 Moderator
29th Jul 2009
thosmm
31st Jul 2009
ibis
31st Jul 2009
Larry E30 Silver Member
05th Aug 2009
thosmm
07th Aug 2009
ionphoenix
10th Aug 2009
Covey22 Moderator
10th Aug 2009
thosmm
10th Aug 2009

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #398 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.