Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #398
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Surprised at the lack of posts here and the advisor..." Previous topic | Next topic
Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Tue 28-Jul-09 09:43 PM
2318 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Surprised at the lack of posts here and the advisory"
In response to In response to 2
Tue 28-Jul-09 09:46 PM by Larry E30

US

-TM- , as you know I'm on my 4th D5000...and it is at Nikon now for the "FIX".Note ; as I stated in the D5000 threads ... my first copy did have this recall problem - AND I THINK - ALL - D5000'S TO DATE THAT HAVE NOT HAD THIS "FIX" SHOULD GO IN FOR THE FIX...WHY WAIT FOR WHEN YOU TURN IT ON ...AND DEAD , it happened to me.They know about this problem...(Nikon - fix em all.!).And for two in a row ,for me, to have one or more dead pixel...is UNACCEPTABLE(.)Their quality control should NOT be that lax . But, OK , (they) are fixing it - and I ALMOST love this camera(some things could have been better)but the low noise ALONE is worth the camera!Overall I'm quite happy(more than average frustration)- lots of adjustments ... and I have hopes of doing REALLY well with this camera.I know my exposures are a little bright,low in contrast/pop,and a little undersaturated(I'm aimming for"as my eye sees it")-(kind of);(color/saturation/exposure/sharpness etc.)...so I'm on the low - or - under side right now...hoping to pack a super punch-soon. NOTE I'm a swivel/live view person) - and if I knew all I know now,when I first bought,I would STRONGLY consider the D300 instead - at more cost AND NO SWIVEL.In my (swivel) opinion (coming from super P+S swivels-that pack a punch). Oh, the D300 in some recent reviews of (all)major SLR's came out on top.!,full sensors too !!!!!!!!!!But I love having a swivel AT LEAST for where is inconvenent for my eye-reach(no swivel IS a BIG loss , and LESS I am able to do .).Also ; anyone buying a D300 (or D5000) do check CLOSELY for dead pixels...one person -IN OUR THREADS- bought a D300(twise the cost of D5000)WITH 2 DEAD PIXELS-OR THE SUCH .Come on Nikon!!(We should NOT have to check on your lack).We expect more/better.I say, "Japan-do all your own work - STOP - SENDING IT TO OTHER COUNTRIES!,YOU SHOWED US QUALITY...NOW WHAT!!?!!...you are starting to show us lack-compromised quality." Larry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicSurprised at the lack of posts here and the advisory [View all] , BigCTM , Tue 28-Jul-09 01:01 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Surprised at the lack of posts here and the advisor...
jrp Administrator
28th Jul 2009
thosmm
28th Jul 2009
Larry E30 Silver Member
28th Jul 2009
thosmm
07th Aug 2009
Covey22 Moderator
28th Jul 2009
ibis
29th Jul 2009
Covey22 Moderator
29th Jul 2009
Larry E30 Silver Member
29th Jul 2009
ibis
07th Aug 2009
Covey22 Moderator
29th Jul 2009
thosmm
31st Jul 2009
ibis
31st Jul 2009
Larry E30 Silver Member
05th Aug 2009
thosmm
07th Aug 2009
ionphoenix
10th Aug 2009
Covey22 Moderator
10th Aug 2009
thosmm
10th Aug 2009

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #398 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.