nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Larry E30

US
2756 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Two returns of D5000"

Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Wed 15-Jul-09 04:12 AM

Got rid of my dead pixel.Nikon rep. told me , (and the people that know me), to return it to Costco.So now I returned #3,I'm on my 4th copy...did a VERY strong test(luckily I had a perfect blue sky)...and all looks good - actually first test showed dirt on the sensor - but I followed how to lock the mirror up and use a hurricane blower ... it worked.I want to do good with this camera (swivel screen a MUST for me)...Only other concerns with this camera was the heavy saturation,muddyness,and ,once going to NL, poor sharpness.So , my latest settings - for these concerns - Best is custom = NL+5 sharpness ... then in photo program add a tiny bit contrast IF needed.On the custom modes ... one click contrast is a little too much for me. ...but having that setting available too is good for flat lighting ... and use my (BEST) setting for average or strong contrast lighting... these photos are w/my old (best) setting of custom = NL +3sharpness Larry

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Two returns of D5000 [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Thu 09-Jul-09 05:41 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Two returns of D5000