nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5972 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Two returns of D5000"

DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Mon 13-Jul-09 02:00 AM

My Nikon D300 has two dead pixels. It aggravated me to no end when I first got the camera. However, I did not have time to return it, so I continue using it 16 months later. I know where the two pixels are, and on important pictures I clone them out. They are very small, so much of the time it makes no difference.

It is rather common to have stuck red pixels in DSLR cameras. Nikon will map them out for you, but you'll have to wait for the camera to go through their repair department. If it bothers you too much, just keep returning them until you get a camera with no stuck pixels.

Only problem is, with digital, they can and will pop up suddenly as one or two of the millions of pixels die, or get stuck. This problem will not go away until cameras are smart enough to map out their own stuck pixels, or Nikon gives us some software to do it ourselves.

==============================================
Darrell Young (DigitalDarrell) www.pictureandpen.com
"Better too many words than not enough understanding."
==============================================

A general, generic topic Two returns of D5000 [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Thu 09-Jul-09 05:41 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Two returns of D5000