nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Larry E30

US
2746 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Two returns of D5000"

Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Thu 09-Jul-09 05:41 AM

1)Electronics died(yes I tried reset etc.) 2)Found a dead pixel almost dead center. 3)This THIRD copy has a dead pixel center-bottom!!!!! Just got it today from Costco.He sure was sure they DON'T get seconds from Nikon.I bet Nikon's quality control ...sends top speck cameras to camera stores ...because of picky people like me...I will check with Photo Den ...and soon bring this third copy back to Costco and spend $400.00 more at Photo Den...for D5000+VR 18-55/55-200 (w/NO extra card).THREE duds from Costco.BET THEY ARE GETTING NIKON'S NOT TOP QUALITY CONTROL ...so much for China(think that's where they are assembled). What think ye ? ! So much for saving/a good deal(D5000 2VR lenses,two Nikon videos,1 Nikon book,4gig card, Nikon bag for all $999.99 Good price ...if ya have LOW STANDARDS !!!!!!!!!!!! . Larry My BEST MODES FOR THIS CAMERA ARE ; C-1 = NL+3sharpness-1saturation , C-2 = NL+3sharpness ,C-3 = NL+3sharpness+1saturation. You try and SEE these are quite good(maybe BEST)for this camera.(if your saying to yourself ... just not as sharp or punchy as it should be...or muddy,or too saturated-too strong.)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Two returns of D5000 [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Thu 09-Jul-09 05:41 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Two returns of D5000