nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D5000 and SB-900 - can it be done wirelessly or not?

nateccnn

Reno, US
22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D5000 and SB-900 - can it be done wirelessly or not?"

nateccnn Registered since 06th Feb 2010
Mon 08-Feb-10 02:55 AM

So I found the section in the manual relative to Su-4. Nothing tells me how to set it. Just tells me to set it. I suppose if I actually read the whole thing I might have figured out how to get into settings.

But I just found an article on the net...a basic review of the SB-900 that says push and hold the OK button. Shazaam! There the setting is. I got it into SU-4 mode, put the camera in manual...turned flash to manual...walla! The SB-900 fired off. Of course it completely burned out the picture. But as noted above...a little trial and error and I got a nice picture of my TV right as the Colts missed there final attemp at a touchdown. Missed the whole game while I was trying to figure this thing out.

Thanks for all the help guys. I still think I am going to get a commander for this setup though. But for now I can say I understand how it all works. Yeah!

Nate

A general, generic topic D5000 and SB-900 - can it be done wirelessly or not? [View all] , nateccnn , Sun 07-Feb-10 12:15 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D5000 and SB-900 - can it be done wirelessly or not...