Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D3000 and hot pixels"

boykee Registered since 19th Jan 2010
Mon 25-Jan-10 11:58 AM

I'm on my 2nd D3000 now (returned the first one) and I've found hot pixels in both.

When the picture is bright and there is ample lighting there isn't much of a problem. However when I shoot in low light and there's dark colors I always get hot pixels in the same place. I'm talking about viewing the image on a computer monitor (it's not the monitor). And I'm not even a pixel peeper or anything, it's quite noticeable without zooming into the picture at all.

I just find it disappointing that both cameras I obtained had this problem. I've seen this mentioned in reviews as well. Starting to wonder whether I should get another camera, I like the D3000 but I don't think I can bare knowing it has this defect. Thoughts? Anyone else have this problem with their D3000s?

A general, generic topic D3000 and hot pixels [View all] , boykee , Mon 25-Jan-10 11:58 AM
Reply message RE: D3000 and hot pixels