nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
alanbreck

US
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Shutter Priority and ISO"

alanbreck Registered since 29th Dec 2009
Fri 08-Jan-10 12:59 AM | edited Fri 08-Jan-10 01:05 AM by alanbreck

I have had problems with the D5000 dropping ISO from the EXIF from time to time. Still have not been able to nail down exactly what settings trigger the problem, but I have found it to happen more commonly when using a flash. I have not really tried to figure it out yet, as it has been more of a minor annoyance than anything else.

BTW, I am using Adobe Elements Organizer 8 to view EXIF. Also, I almost always shoot in Aperture priority.

ETA: While we're mentioning D5000 firmware bugs, I also experience the JPEG file timestamp periodically setting the file time as UTC, and not the UTC-5 that I have programmed into the settings menu. Makes for stupid results when sorting your pics by date on the computer. Again, a minor annoyance since I am very happy with the quality of images that come off the D5000.

jimrosengarth.com

A general, generic topic Shutter Priority and ISO [View all] , bruak , Wed 06-Jan-10 07:18 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Shutter Priority and ISO