nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is this camera good for concert photos?

april1965

CA
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Is this camera good for concert photos?"

april1965 Registered since 26th Dec 2009
Tue 29-Dec-09 01:47 PM

I just received a Nikon D5000 for Christmas(yes I must have been a very good girl this year!) The information on the lens it came with is a Nikkor AF-5 DX 18-55 mm, F/3.5 - 5.6 G VR DX For Digital.

I am very, very new to the photography world and do not plan on becoming a pro. Basically all I want is really nice pics of my kids, grandson, family etc. I also attend a lot of concerts and even though I am usually in the first 5 rows or so my concert pics come out grainy, blurry etc. I love my concerts and want good memories of them which is one of the reasons I asked Santa for a digital SLR.

I have read the concert/nightclub page but because I am new to everything I don't understand a lot of it. What I would like to know is if I am sitting fairly close to the stage will this lens/camera be good for getting really nice concert shots at indoor concert venues?

Please note that I am aware of the camera restriction policy at a lot of venues but most of the venues/concerts I go to do allow cameras.

Also on a side note: I have been thinking of purchasing the Nikon D5000 for Dummies book. Would any of you recommend it? Again I will need something that is really easy to follow as I am totally new at this.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer.

A topic tagged as having a question Is this camera good for concert photos? [View all] , april1965 , Tue 29-Dec-09 01:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is this camera good for concert photos?