Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Sports Photography"

bryant1976 Registered since 14th Oct 2009
Wed 30-Dec-09 06:51 PM

More excellent advice. I've experimented a little more with the settings the other posters have mentioned and have even gotten better images. But, when I dialed to 3200 ISO I started getting a little grainier than I wanted, but when I wasn't zoomed in on the image when viewing on the computer, I didn't really notice that much. The pictures were even brighter and more clear at 1/250th shutter. But, at 1/500 or more I started getting underexposed (simply not enough lighting). I did try using flash (not a speedlight) on my camera and got some decent shots, but they were not as good as without. This thread has really helped me further my knowledge of my D5000. One additional question,I got another 55-200 non-VR lens. I'm thinking it will be ok for this instance (indoor tennis shooting) as well so long as i'm using a faster shutter? Am I on the right track with that thought process? Thanks for any further advice!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Sports Photography [View all] , leebea , Tue 29-Dec-09 03:30 AM
Reply message RE: Sports Photography