nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
blw

Richmond, US
27176 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Just got a D5000"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Mon 28-Dec-09 03:53 AM

I'd start with learning about photography: Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. This is an acknowledged classic.

Then you might be interested in something about the camera itself; there are a wide variety of opinions on this, but I prefer Thom Hogan's The Complete Guide to the Nikon D5000 (or any model - he does them for every camera now).

For post processing, consider something like one of the books from Scott Kelby on the Adobe product of your choice (Photoshop Elements is a good start). There are many others, including CaptureNX2 from Nikon, but from my personal perspective Adobe's products are a more universal approach.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Just got a D5000 [View all] , spd_dvl , Mon 28-Dec-09 01:21 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Just got a D5000
Reply message RE: Just got a D5000