nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

If I buy a D5000 on ebay from a non-authorized dealer (...

slidenpray

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: If I buy a D5000 on ebay from a non-authorized dealer (plz help)"

slidenpray Registered since 21st Dec 2009
Tue 22-Dec-09 02:48 AM | edited Tue 22-Dec-09 02:50 AM by slidenpray

Thank you for your reply Marty!

I took your advice and called Nikon. They advised that if it is US Nikon product and purchased it new from Ebay, my Ebay purchase printout would serve as my proof of purchase and the warranty would be valid. Just to be sure I called and spoke to a different associate and this was confirm. Also, they told me that service would be provided on a US nikon even if there was no warranty. I decided to post my findings in case someone else has some concerns. The price is not too good to be true on face alone, but to get 10% cashback through bing it is good deal of savings.

Thanks again!

Greg

edited to include: proof of purchase must show model # and date of purchase for it to be valid.

A general, generic topic If I buy a D5000 on ebay from a non-authorized dealer (... [View all] , slidenpray , Mon 21-Dec-09 01:50 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: If I buy a D5000 on ebay from a non-authorized deal...