nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
MEMcD

US
27807 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D5000 vs Canon Rebel T1i"

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Mon 14-Dec-09 07:57 PM

Hi Red,

Welcome to Nikonians!
When Canon introduced their new EOS line of autofocus cameras in 1988 they did something that no other maufacturer had done. They totally abandoned their previous lenses. The FD mount lenses used on their manual focus cameras simply would not fit on the new EOS cameras at all. Not only was the mount coupling different, but the "flange to focal plane" distance was longer (44mm vs 42mm), so even if an adapter was made which allowed an FD lens to mecanically couple to the EOS mount, the lens wouldn't focus to infinity. To allow the lens to focus to infinity, the flange of the FD lens would have to be 2mm inside the EOS body. So her Canon lenses will not work on an EOS Digital Rebel T1i.

Check out DxO Mark: http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng/DxOMark-Sensor/
The D5000 does very well even compared to the Pro Canon bodies.
I would get the Nikon!
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

A general, generic topic D5000 vs Canon Rebel T1i [View all] , RedChristie , Mon 14-Dec-09 05:15 PM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D5000 vs Canon Rebel T1i Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
14th Dec 2009
Reply message RE: D5000 vs Canon Rebel T1i max and kate
14th Dec 2009
Reply message RE: D5000 vs Canon Rebel T1i MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
14th Dec 2009
Reply message RE: D5000 vs Canon Rebel T1i RedChristie
14th Dec 2009
     Reply message RE: D5000 vs Canon Rebel T1i km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography
15th Dec 2009