Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #5898
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: The Mariott Hotel on Harbour Island Fl." Previous topic | Next topic
DWGimages Moderator Awarded for his skills and knowledge in various areas, including Nude Photography Nikonian since 02nd Sep 2003Fri 04-Mar-11 04:26 PM
6116 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: The Mariott Hotel on Harbour Island Fl."
In response to In response to 0

Sacramento, US

Nice one! But I do have 3 small issues that, if possible to correct, would improve the overall results.

1). The angle of both the building and the light post throw off my balance. I get an uneasy feeling when looking at this. The light post, so close to the edge of the image, is quite obvious and more a distraction than a "real problem". The building, however, has the feeling like it's leaning back away from me - like it's avoiding me. That creates a very uneasy feeling in me at least. Off balance.

2). Regarding the light post again: The globes appear underexposed and dull looking. I'd try to pop those out a bit with some dodging: not so much to make them glow, but at least appear whiter.

3). Similarly to the light post, the building seems to be dulled by some underexposure. It appears to be in direct sunlight, however, there is no POP in the colors.

Now that I have analyzed this more, I'd combine #2 and #2 together and say the entire image could use just a little more brightness. I see the water and sky now are subdued as well as the globes and the building. I wonder if you could bump up the brightness a bit without adverse reactions happening elsewhere. I appears that you have some latitude in exposure - so it couldn't hurt trying.

Otherwise - I do like the general composition (less the leaning) and HDR technique. Well done.

Dave

"You, you and you … Panic. The rest of you, come with me."
~U.S. Marine Corps Gunnery Sgt.~

** The Moderators Page ~ My Nikonians Gallery ~ My Web Site ~ Sacramento, CA Area Chapter Gallery **

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicThe Mariott Hotel on Harbour Island Fl. [View all] , massulo Gold Member, Mon 28-Feb-11 10:26 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: The Mariott Hotel on Harbour Island Fl.
mnbuilder49 Moderator
02nd Mar 2011
massulo Gold Member
02nd Mar 2011
DWGimages Moderator
04th Mar 2011

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #5898 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.