nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Just here for the second time. Need some advice.

kdsmithjr

Ithaca, US
2592 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Just here for the second time. Need some advice."

kdsmithjr Silver Member Charter Member
Tue 25-Jan-11 04:18 AM

Hi all. I posted here late last spring/early summer after visiting the phils for my first time. I drove myself from manila to baguiou and back down to tagaytay and I loved it, had nothing but great experiences (even though warned about driving--don't believe it...it's fine). Long story short, I'm back. I retired at the end of 2010 and I'm on an extended tourist visa and I'll stay as long as I can make extension...I hear that's up to two years.

I'm living down in davao del sur with a family and I'd like to get a decent printer, so I can crank out some decent output of the incredible people and scenery here. Can anyone help? Where is a good source of decent, new printers...like, say, an Epson R2880. I still have an R2880 at home in upstate NY, but shipping it would probably make buying a new one here not that much more money--and the one here would be new.

I just saw an epson stylus pro 3885 here. it looks like something in the ball park of what i want, but a call to an epson dealer in davao made it sound like i wanted the first born of some martian prince. the referred me to the SM mall--a known shopping mall where you can get lots of consumer goods, but I'd think a "photo store"--that's what epson billed it as--would be the best source.

any help would be appreciated.

K. D. Smith, Jr.
My gallery: http://www.nikonians-images.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1334

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Just here for the second time. Need some advice. [View all] , kdsmithjr Silver Member, Tue 25-Jan-11 04:18 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Just here for the second time. Need some advice.
Reply message RE: Just here for the second time. Need some advice.