Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby TRAVEL & GETTING TOGETHER FORUMS Nikonians Academy NA Workshops (Public) topic #1399
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: 2011 Eastern Sierra/Owens Valley Workshop Wrap-up/R..." Previous topic | Next topic
haysys Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Apr 2007Sun 13-Nov-11 11:24 PM
127 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 2011 Eastern Sierra/Owens Valley Workshop Wrap-up/Review"
In response to In response to 0
Sun 13-Nov-11 11:26 PM by haysys

Sammamish, US

Hello All,

The Eastern Sierras are simply magical. Our time in and around the valley--North, South, East and West--was filled by great photo opportunities... All it takes to capture these magical moments is stamina, knowing where they are, when to be there, and the skills to do so. From my point of view, this workshop is the perfect way to experience and photograph the Eastern Sierras. Just grit your teeth for early mornings, pay attention to your workshop leaders and learn.

I am continually impressed by Michael's knowledge of the places in which he conducts these workshops. The amount of energy in planning, discovery and adjustment to events only becomes apparent after you travel to (arriving within minutes of the best capture time) these tucked-in, out-of-the-way places. His knowledge is astounding and his willingness to share it is truly generous.

I feel my growth as a photographer was significant in this workshop. I went on for another 10 days after the workshop to shoot manual for all of my landscape shots. And I'll continue to do so whenever timing of the shot permits it.

Thank you, Michael!!

Cheers!!

David Hays
http://artis.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topic2011 Eastern Sierra/Owens Valley Workshop Wrap-up/Revie... [View all] , mmariant Team Member, Sat 12-Nov-11 05:33 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: 2011 Eastern Sierra/Owens Valley Workshop Wrap-up/R...
aram535
12th Nov 2011
haysys Gold Member
13th Nov 2011
ebophoto Silver Member
16th Nov 2011
Penobdon Silver Member
18th Nov 2011
rbaskin Silver Member
18th Nov 2011
boblin Silver Member
27th Nov 2011

Forums Lobby TRAVEL & GETTING TOGETHER FORUMS Nikonians Academy NA Workshops (Public) topic #1399 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.