Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Future of Photo Ninja?

sfbillm

Is from: Santa Fe, US
870 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Future of Photo Ninja?"

sfbillm Registered since 15th Jun 2004
Sun 13-Jul-14 10:30 AM
I find Photo Ninja exceptional in both the quality of results and the ease of achieving them.

But, while updates earlier were being released on a regular basis, there hasn't been a new production release since 2/10, and no new pre-release since mid-March.

With the imminent end of any support for CNX2 after the release of NX-D on 7/15, more and more people will be looking for an alternative.

IMHO PN needs at least 2 additions to be in the running:
1) Local adjustments, at the very least a healing brush;
2) Ability to print from it, so you don't have to convert to JPEG or TIFF and go to a 3rd-party program - Qimage in my case - for 4x6's for the fridge.

I rec'd an answer from PictureCode several months ago saying they were working on 1), and had decided on how they were going to implement that feature. But there's been no new release with it.

I'm concerned about the future of PN.
Does anyone who's at liberty to say know what the situation is?

SantaFeBill

A topic tagged as having a question Future of Photo Ninja? [View all] , sfbillm , Sun 13-Jul-14 10:30 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Future of Photo Ninja?