Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67175
View in linear mode

Subject: "Second post of question on multiple pics and organizer..." Previous topic | Next topic
JBD90 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2011Wed 30-Jan-13 05:46 PM
168 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Second post of question on multiple pics and organizers"

US

I posted this on the Adobe workflow forum and had no response. Perhaps some of you can shed light on this for me.

I can't seem to get my head around this. Could use some help. I have multiple copies of many pictures in the elements organizer.

I have used Picasa to view all of my photo files and they do not appear duplicated on the drive.

I can't find where or how to dump the library and have the program recompile a new one. Not that I am sure it would not do the same thing.

My main point of confusion is that LR4 is a photoshop module or something. It has its own library or rather you pull photos from the drive directly. According to what I have learned, any changes you make to a photo do not change the actual image. It is a collection of instructions that are applied at output. Elements changes the image.
How do you use both tools on the same image?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicSecond post of question on multiple pics and organizer... [View all] , JBD90 Silver Member, Wed 30-Jan-13 05:46 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Second post of question on multiple pics and organ...
pdekman Gold Member
31st Jan 2013

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67175 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.