Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67128
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Software Program to View Images" Previous topic | Next topic
Zapple Registered since 10th Jan 2005Sun 20-Jan-13 09:25 PM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Software Program to View Images"
In response to In response to 1

New York, US

Thank you of the ViewNx 2 suggestion. It seems light and fast which I like. My work flow was very simple: Copy images from Card to External HD, Computer, then burnt to DVD. I call this the "dump". I would take all the images and import into Aperture 3 and do most if my work from here...choosing my selects, deleting the rest, then catalog, keyword, rate and basic crop if needed.

I am considering adding ViewNX 2 to my workflow as it uses less resources on my already taxed iMac and Mac Book versus Aperture. My purpose is not to edit but simply make my selects, add GPS data and maybe a quick crop and get them into Aperture as a new Project.

Do you have any suggestions for me based on my description of the work flow? Additionally, what is your suggestion for importing the selects into Aperture? Should I make a new Select Folder from the dump folder and then import the Select folder into Aperture or should I import the selects directly from ViewNX into Aperture? Any suggestions on exactly how to do the import would be greatly appreciated as it will speed up my larning curve versus trial and error.

Thanks JRP

Zapple

Www.zapshots.zenfolio.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3539962/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicSoftware Program to View Images [View all] , Zapple , Sat 19-Jan-13 07:02 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Software Program to View Images
jrp Administrator
20th Jan 2013
Zapple
20th Jan 2013
tuthill Silver Member
20th Jan 2013
FredB D3 Silver Member
20th Jan 2013
Zapple
20th Jan 2013
NorthBay Silver Member
20th Jan 2013
Zapple
20th Jan 2013

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67128 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.