Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67119
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Coreldraw 6X - Home & Student Edition" Previous topic | Next topic
Clint S Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2011Sun 27-Jan-13 04:45 AM
452 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Coreldraw 6X - Home & Student Edition"
In response to In response to 0

Chula Vista, US

CorelDraw Suite a vector drawing (similar to Illustrator), page layout (typically for less than 100 pages without problems), and pixel/image editing in Corel Photo-Paint (equivalent to Photoshop but without the refinements)programs.

CorelDraw and suite programs work significantly different than Adobe similar products, are much easier to learn but still has a consedeable learning curve. The programs are as powerful as Adobe products, but getting to the end result is accomplished entirely differently. Corel Photo-Paint's best feature is being to able to use it to edit pixel based images in CorelDraw, or manipulating an image and having it cleanly import into Corel Draw. I'm not even sure that raw editors are included in the last two versions of CorelDraw suite. But even if they did I would highly favor Lightroom over a Corel product.

Corel's PaintShop Pro was once the leading challenger to Photoshop and would be a far better product than PhotoPaint for a photographer. Corel also has AfterShot Pro and PhotoImpact.

Visit my Nikonians gallery - my Spare Time gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicCoreldraw 6X - Home & Student Edition [View all] , Fortkentdad , Sun 13-Jan-13 04:20 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Coreldraw 6X - Home & Student Edition
blw Moderator
15th Jan 2013
NorthBay Silver Member
16th Jan 2013
Antero52 Silver Member
21st Jan 2013
Clint S Silver Member
27th Jan 2013
Fortkentdad
10th Feb 2013
esantos Moderator
11th Feb 2013

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67119 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.