nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Coreldraw 6X - Home & Student Edition

Fortkentdad

Fort Kent, CA
265 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Coreldraw 6X - Home & Student Edition"

Fortkentdad Registered since 01st Sep 2012
Sun 13-Jan-13 04:20 PM

Anyone here use this Coreldraw package.

It is on sale for about $100 through Amazon.ca which makes it an attractive option. I've not had a lot of luck finding out much about the package. It contains the same basic components as Coreldraw Suite ($500).

While Adobe CS is the program of choice it is way out of my price range right now; thought about buying an older Adobe CS on eBay but even then they want too much and I'm concerned about how it would work on my Windows 8 PC. This program states it is Windows 8 compatible, I've found lots of programs (especially games) are not. Fortunately Adobe Elements is. I do have PSE 10 and Premier 10.

Box Image:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31zpZ-LB1xL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This listing in ebay has a good description of the program:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-CorelDRAW-Home-and-Student-Suite-X6-Corel-Draw-3-Users-/350670435151?pt=US_Image_Video_Audio_Software&hash=item51a596334f&_uhb=1#ht_1755wt_1397

From that webpage:

Product Features

"Complete graphic design suite, with user-friendly applications, anyone can be a designer! Offering robust content, graphic design, illustration, page layout, web graphics and photo editing, it's easy to create reports, drawings, flyers, logos and more.

Corel PHOTO-PAINT Home & Student X6 offers professional photo-editing tools and effects that can improve any photograph. Retouching and enhancement, bitmap creation, digital painting, and streamlined web exporting are just a click away.

Versatile page layout and drawing tools for all levels - CorelDRAW Home & Student X6 offers a complete set of drawing, tracing, illustration, page layout and web graphics tools to help you create any type of design project for print or web.

Helpful learning resources - Find all the learning tools you need to start smoothly and design with confidence, including valuable video tutorials, helpful tips and tricks, insights from the experts and an inspiring electronic guidebook."

I cut my IT teeth on WordPerfect 4.0 and have used lots of Corel programs in the past, including Coreldraw way back in the early 90's.

The price is right, is the program?

FKD
Alberta CANADA

A general, generic topic Coreldraw 6X - Home & Student Edition [View all] , Fortkentdad , Sun 13-Jan-13 04:20 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Coreldraw 6X - Home & Student Edition