nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) topic #67110
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Starting out - confused and seeking advice to set u..." Previous topic | Next topic
mfphoto1   Cincinnati, US  Registered since 29th Oct 2005 Thu 10-Jan-13 03:06 PM
733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Starting out - confused and seeking advice to set up initial catalog"
In response to In response to 0

My Mom uses elements 10. I have to say i don't like it either. It's not intuitive to me. I use CS6. Elements will do almost everything photoshop will do it usually just takes more steps to get it done. Here is a link to a training course on elements 9 http://kelbytraining.com/course/lbecker_elements9_beginners/, I doubt much changed between 10 and 9 but you should be able to get the basics.

I Don't use LR, but LR doesn't move your pictures it just catalogues where they are and allows you to work with them in one place(the LR interface). As far as having a space for your good pictures, the easiest way to do this is LR would be to rate your pictures then create a smart collection. Here is some info that may be helpful http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/tag/collections

"Step into my world and see as I see"

My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote

A general, generic topicStarting out - confused and seeking advice to set up in... [View all] , JBD90 , Thu 10-Jan-13 02:46 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Starting out - confused and seeking advice to set u... mfphoto1
10th Jan 2013

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) topic #67110 Previous topic | Next topic