nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Making PhotoMechanic the default import program on Wind...

dgillilan

Williamsburg, US
2654 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Making PhotoMechanic the default import program on Windows"

dgillilan Silver Member Nikonian since 15th May 2006
Wed 02-Jan-13 09:17 AM

I see that in Windows 7 there is no choice for card storage, only "pictures". Be sure that you clicked "Save" at the bottom when you hit the choice for Photo Mechanic.
Also, in Photo Mechanic 5, under the top, edit, preferences, general, be sure you selected "show ingest dialog" under "on mount of camera disks" and then "apply" to save it.

Winston Hall, a Nikonians class instructor, has told me in several classes that one should use a card reader to ingest rather than the camera directly. So I always use a Lexar usb 3.0 card reader every time, to get my images onto my computers.

Debra

Visit My Nikonian Gallery: http://www.nikonians-images.com/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=94067
My Zenfolio Gallery: http://debragillilan.zenfolio.com/

A general, generic topic Making PhotoMechanic the default import program on Wind... [View all] , pwarbeck , Tue 01-Jan-13 10:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Making PhotoMechanic the default import program on ...