Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67043
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: First SW: Elements 11 or CNX2" Previous topic | Next topic
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 21-Dec-12 02:50 PM
8701 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: First SW: Elements 11 or CNX2"
In response to In response to 3

Atlanta, US

Capture should honor the distortion correction in the camera, as well as any corrections from lens firmware. I'm not terribly impressed by other distortion control capabilities.

The basic workflow for Capture is pretty straight forward - work from top to bottom on the right. Start with the Develop section for global adjustments similar to View. Then go to the Adjust section.

In the Adjust section I normally work the menus from top to bottom and left to right. I start with global adjustments and then come back with selective adjustments. The key icons for me are the Color Control Point selection and the Selection Tools (both positive and negative). The Color Control point is pretty straight forward. Just remember that you can size the control points or add control points with no changes to manage exactly where an effect is applied. With Selection tools you can apply any editing step - sharpening for example - just to the portion of the image you desire. I use this a lot for D-Lighting, Contrast, and Sharpening. Apply your crop and final sharpening last.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicFirst SW: Elements 11 or CNX2 [View all] , JKFuller , Mon 17-Dec-12 11:48 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: First SW: Elements 11 or CNX2
ericbowles Moderator
21st Dec 2012
Bob Chadwick Silver Member
21st Dec 2012
JKFuller
21st Dec 2012
ericbowles Moderator
21st Dec 2012
JKFuller
21st Dec 2012
rbaskin Silver Member
24th Dec 2012
JKFuller
24th Dec 2012
walkerr Administrator
24th Dec 2012
JKFuller
24th Dec 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67043 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.