Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66977
View in linear mode

Subject: "Preferred masking tool?" Previous topic | Next topic
Zevi Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Feb 2008Mon 03-Dec-12 03:00 PM
325 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Preferred masking tool?"

Ann Arbor, US

Greeting!

What do you recommend/use for masking and extracting image parts (especially to swap/eliminate undesirable backgrounds)?

I have never been too successful with (or just too lazy to fully learn?...) the built-in tools in Photoshop. I am looking for a plugin/standalone utility to extract people and other subjects so I can "plant" them in a preferred background.

So far the two prime candidates that come up are Fluid Mask (I have the full Nik Software suite, and they seem to have teamed up with Vertus) and Re-Mask by Topaz. Is there a critical mass of users that prefer one over the other? Alternatives?

I am looking for the magic 3E's:
1. Easy to learn;
2. Easy to use;
3. Easy to pay...

Many thanks in advance,
Zevi.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as having a questionPreferred masking tool? [View all] , Zevi Silver Member, Mon 03-Dec-12 03:00 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Preferred masking tool?
esantos Moderator
03rd Dec 2012
Zevi Silver Member
03rd Dec 2012
walkerr Administrator
03rd Dec 2012
blw Moderator
09th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: Preferred masking tool? -- that's what I managed...
Zevi Silver Member
18th Dec 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66977 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.