Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5
jjjfromcanada

Is from: TH
21 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

".NEF File Recovery"

jjjfromcanada Registered since 28th Jan 2012
Sun 17-Jun-12 09:10 PM
I know this has been covered in the past but perhaps this question/problem is slightly different.

I was reorganizing my photos (.NEF and jpg) and copying them from my computer hard (C) drive to a portable (F) hard drive. The computer froze up while transferring those files, so I cancelled the transfer. I then proceeded to delete what I thought were the incomplete file folders in the destination hard drive so I could start fresh later on. But instead I deleted the folders in the source (C) drive holding all my .NEF and .jpg files (about 28gB). It was a big folder so it was deleted and not placed in the recycle bin.

I still have a copy of all my .jpg files but I cancelled the file transfer while the .NEF files were being moved and it looks like I've lost ~ 2000 or more of those. I have Recuva software and did a deep scan last night but it doesn't seem to have turned up any .NEF files. I was a bit surprised but then I remember I was also transferring about 95gB of music from the C drive to a different (G) portable hard drive simultaneously. That file transfer went through without a hitch. Will this second file transfer affect my ability to recover the .NEF files on my computer hard drive? Have I somehow over-written the parts of my C drive where the .NEF files used to be? Does anyone have any ideas I can try before I resign myself to the fact that the files are gone forever?

James
A general, generic topic .NEF File Recovery [View all] , jjjfromcanada , Sun 17-Jun-12 09:10 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: .NEF File Recovery