Help us keep the lights on:
Join this years fundraising campaign and get a limited edition supporter's cap.
Read more about our plans and needs for 2024 and beyond.

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Question re: DXO OpticsPro7 and LR4 Workflow

chroaz chroaz

Is from: Platanillo de BarĂș, San JosĂ©,, CR
873 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Question re: DXO OpticsPro7 and LR4 Workflow"

chroaz Registered since 26th Apr 2009
Mon 04-Jun-12 12:05 PM
Hi Paul - I was afraid so! No, in LR4 I am using the Camera Calibration Adobe Standard Default Profile with the new 2012 Process (current) - I set up a preset(s) on this basis with some of my "standard" adjustments. Also using the Lens Corrections Adobe Lens Profile (which is where I really seem to notice the difference with DxO), though it takes care of Chromatic Aberration quite well. Yes I do have some basic ISO specific defaults - 3 pretty basic ones to act as starting point.

I always have a back-up of my RAW files on an external drive (actually 2), but I was thinking about keeping my DXO processed files on a 3rd external drive and importing them into Lightroom when needed.

Paul, exactly what do you see as "all the compromises" of a "baked" RGB image?

The "main" attraction I see with DxO is that it provides a pretty good equipment specific (and to some extent shooting condition specific), hands-off, automatic starting point on RAW files, with very good lens and optical corrections. It seems I can get to a "good looking" image with less manipulation than in Lightroom. But now with a bit of time on my hands I am going to process a number of files side by side in the two applications and then evaluate.

Cheers,

Chris

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
- Ansel Adams
www.throughmeyelens.smugmug.com

A general, generic topic Question re: DXO OpticsPro7 and LR4 Workflow [View all] , chroaz , Sun 03-Jun-12 03:06 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Question re: DXO OpticsPro7 and LR4 Workflow