nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Capture NX2 - could not save file

piniongear

Houston Texas, US
466 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file"

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006
Sat 15-Dec-12 10:38 PM

I just receive the error message in Capture NX2 ..... (Alert 7-Could not save file) when I tried to save an adjusted image taken with my (new to me) D800 camera in Capture NX2.

Yesterday I could save this same image file just fine.

Here is what I have:
Windows 7_32 bit using Capture NX2 2.2.3

Capture NX2 saves all images from my D700 and D300s camera.
All I shoot is NEF files.

So for this image, I changed the name of the file and saved it as a NEF. I received the message......'could not save.'

I then saved as a JPEG using the original title. That worked.
Then I saved as a TIFF using the original titles. That worked.
Then I opened the TIFF in NX2 and saved as a NEF under the same title (after deleting the original NEF pic) and that worked.

So what is going on here? I have no idea and as I said....yesterday I had no problems changing and then saving NEF pics taken with the D800.
So I have to say, I feel the D800 has something to do with the problem.
Perry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Capture NX2 - could not save file [View all] , briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Thu 12-Nov-09 02:55 PM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography
12th Nov 2009
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
12th Nov 2009
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
12th Nov 2009
12th Nov 2009
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file expat Silver Member
18th Aug 2010
18th Aug 2010
          Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file JHC123
19th Aug 2010
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file jimsanders Silver Member
12th Nov 2009
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources
19th Aug 2010
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file hrbaan
20th Aug 2010
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file glxman Silver Member
20th Aug 2010
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file piniongear
15th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file piniongear
16th Dec 2012