Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #61450
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file" Previous topic | Next topic
briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Thu 12-Nov-09 10:35 PM
28729 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file"
In response to In response to 0
Thu 12-Nov-09 10:38 PM by briantilley

Paignton, GB

Well, this is getting most odd. First, a bit more background...

I migrated to a new PC running Vista 32 bit earlier this year. Prior to that, my old PC was running XP. On the old PC (for various reasons) I used only PSE4 for post-processing. All my image files on the old machine were copied to the internal hard disk using a card reader, ingested into the PSE4 catalogue, and had keywords added. Every file, whether edited or not, was re-written to the internal hard disk by PSE4, then backed-up using XP to an external hard disk.

When I migrated PC's, I copied the folder structure and all image files from the external hard disk to the new machine's internal hard disk. Now I'm running only View NX and Capture NX2, so I didn't migrate the PSE4 catalogue across.

Anyway, whilst playing around and trying different things, I have just found that, if I open one of the same D2Xs files in ViewNX, either add a new keyword or delete an existing keyword, then open the file in Capture NX2, NX2 will save it as normal

I don't understand why doing that with the keywords makes a difference, nor do I understand why files from my other cameras (which all had keywords too) don't seem to suffer the same problem.

So I guess I have a usable workaround, but if anyone has a bright idea about what might be going on and why, I'd love to hear it...!

Thanks again.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicCapture NX2 - could not save file [View all] , briantilley Moderator, Thu 12-Nov-09 02:55 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file
nwcs Silver Member
12th Nov 2009
briantilley Moderator
12th Nov 2009
briantilley Moderator
12th Nov 2009
briantilley Moderator
12th Nov 2009
expat Silver Member
18th Aug 2010
briantilley Moderator
18th Aug 2010
JHC123 Silver Member
19th Aug 2010
jimsanders Silver Member
12th Nov 2009
jrp Administrator
19th Aug 2010
hrbaan
20th Aug 2010
glxman Silver Member
20th Aug 2010
piniongear
15th Dec 2012
piniongear
16th Dec 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #61450 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.