nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #27838
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: CS2 upgrade to PS3 Warning" Previous topic | Next topic
jdbower Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Nikonian since 12th Jan 2006Tue 01-May-07 11:09 AM
3142 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: CS2 upgrade to PS3 Warning"
In response to In response to 5

New York, US

If you stay up-to-date with the upgrades you shouldn't have an issue. At some point Adobe may say to get PS CS5 you need PS CS3 or later, but the original license shouldn't matter since you've got an upgrade license for PS CS3. I had PS7, upgraded when I got my D200 to PS CS2. I then upgraded that to a flavor of Creative Suite CS3 on a fresh OS install and was only prompted for the PS CS2 upgrade key (I can now ditch my PS7 hopefully). If at the time CS4 comes out I only want to upgrade my PhotoShop component I may run into Candy's problem - she had the full Creative Suite 3 (which, depending on flavor, includes programs like Acrobat and Illustrator, etc.) which apparently didn't qualify her to upgrade just the Photoshop component (despite tech support's assurances that it would). Think of it like owning the Office 2003 suite and not being able to upgrade to just Word 2007 while leaving Excel and Outlook at 2003.

Jeff Bower
Google+ Profile
Moderator Pages

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicCS2 upgrade to PS3 Warning [View all] , AZ Candy , Mon 30-Apr-07 11:30 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: CS2 upgrade to PS3 Warning
esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian.
01st May 2007
AZ Candy
01st May 2007
sjafsa
01st May 2007
AZ Candy
01st May 2007
sjafsa
01st May 2007
jdbower Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the Resources
01st May 2007
AZ Candy
01st May 2007
esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian.
01st May 2007
tx_photo
25th Aug 2009

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #27838 Previous topic | Next topic