nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #80453
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Aperture priority mode? " Previous topic | Next topic
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberThu 15-Mar-12 04:43 AM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#28. "RE: Aperture priority mode? "
In response to In response to 0

Rancho Cordova, US

Personally, I like to shoot Aperture Priority about 85%, Program 10% and Shutter and Manual the remaining 5%.

I like Aperture Priority to control the depth of field; checking the shutter speed for hand hold ability and adjusting from there. I use program, typically at family functions, with flash, so I can hand off the camera to family/friends to take pics - without having to explain everything to them. Shutter and Manual, I use when I want full control over everything. As it is, I plan on shooting more in Manual mode, more to practice my technique than anything else. I tend to like my results with Aperture Priority.

Just as important, I think is metering mode, while I fully trust the metering in my F100, I'm still coming to grips with the D700, I like it a lot in Matrix, I am still trying to get better results with Spot Metering, I rarely use CW, though...not sure why.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote

This is a hot, active topic!Aperture priority mode? [View all] , Omaha , Tue 13-Mar-12 12:46 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Aperture priority mode?
benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous suppport to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
13th Mar 2012
tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
13th Mar 2012
Omaha
13th Mar 2012
tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
13th Mar 2012
grizzly200
13th Mar 2012
Drbee Silver Member
13th Mar 2012
ZoneV Silver Member
13th Mar 2012
olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography.
13th Mar 2012
SVA
13th Mar 2012
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
13th Mar 2012
archivue Gold Member
13th Mar 2012
Pouncer Silver Member
13th Mar 2012
EpicDan Silver Member
13th Mar 2012
ZoneV Silver Member
13th Mar 2012
grizzly200
14th Mar 2012
ZoneV Silver Member
14th Mar 2012
SVA
14th Mar 2012
grizzly200
15th Mar 2012
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
15th Mar 2012
PAStime Silver Member
14th Mar 2012
ZoneV Silver Member
14th Mar 2012
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine
14th Mar 2012
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography
14th Mar 2012
Omaha
14th Mar 2012
2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
14th Mar 2012
Davidpeter1 Silver Member
14th Mar 2012
ZoneV Silver Member
14th Mar 2012
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
15th Mar 2012
OldITGeek Silver Member
16th Mar 2012
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources
26th Mar 2012
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
26th Mar 2012
olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography.
27th Mar 2012

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #80453 Previous topic | Next topic