nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby CAFÉ English Café (Public) topic #79224
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: How many images are enough?" Previous topic | Next topic
Baaker Silver Member  Dumbarton, UK  Nikonian since 18th Aug 2009 Sun 05-Feb-12 10:48 AM
923 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#26. "RE: How many images are enough?"
In response to In response to 21

>>"Shoot as if there is a nail sticking up from the
>shutter
>>button and it is worth the pain to take the
>picture.".
>
>I really do like this concept. You end up with far less
>garbage to have to wade through. I have to question the
>mentality of those who do a post with boasting pride regarding
>the high numbers of frames they have shot during a year. I
>always want to ask "how much garbage do you have?"
>but end up biting my lip.
>

The other night I shot nearly 200 hundred images of the sunset. The sunset lasted over an hour and the colours were changing from red to orange to blue. All with slow shutter speeds ranging from 5 seconds to 30 seconds. Did I end up with a lot of "garbage"? No. I got some that were very similar. I changed my position several times and walked a lot. I had on rubber boots and waded into a river that was shallow. I probably got half a dozen keepers that I expected to get. To get that I was prepared to shoot a lot because the sky was constantly changing and I took a lot where the sun was sinking over the horizon to get the star effect. The nearly 200 hundred will be overkill to some but it was worth it to get the keepers. In the past I have walked away and the light changed for the better and I regretted it. That it is worse than taking too many.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43019448@N04/

Alert Print | Reply | Quote

This is a hot, active topic!How many images are enough? [View all] , Nikon32250 Silver Member, Thu 02-Feb-12 05:52 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? Baaker Silver Member
02nd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? CharlieS
02nd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? nrothschild Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support
02nd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous suppport to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? smb_ohio
02nd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian.
02nd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
05th Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? ZoneV Silver Member
02nd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources.
02nd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? MelT
02nd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography
16th Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
02nd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? laddad Gold Member
03rd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
03rd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? PerroneFord Silver Member
03rd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? Nikon32250 Silver Member
03rd Feb 2012
03rd Feb 2012
03rd Feb 2012
03rd Feb 2012
          Reply message RE: How many images are enough? blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
03rd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? KenLPhotos Gold Member
03rd Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? smb_ohio
03rd Feb 2012
04th Feb 2012
     Reply message RE: How many images are enough? Bluefin
05th Feb 2012
05th Feb 2012
05th Feb 2012
05th Feb 2012
05th Feb 2012
05th Feb 2012
                         Reply message RE: How many images are enough? briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills
05th Feb 2012
05th Feb 2012
06th Feb 2012
06th Feb 2012
06th Feb 2012
                         Reply message RE: How many images are enough? HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources.
05th Feb 2012
05th Feb 2012
                                   Reply message RE: How many images are enough? Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography
05th Feb 2012
05th Feb 2012
05th Feb 2012
06th Feb 2012
06th Feb 2012
                    Reply message RE: How many images are enough? Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography
06th Feb 2012
06th Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? Scotty Silver Member
05th Feb 2012
05th Feb 2012
05th Feb 2012
06th Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? ZoneV Silver Member
06th Feb 2012
06th Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
05th Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? OldCodger
05th Feb 2012
05th Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? 2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
05th Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? Martin Turner Moderator Expert professional PJ & PR photographer
06th Feb 2012
06th Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? grizzly200
13th Feb 2012
14th Feb 2012
14th Feb 2012
14th Feb 2012
14th Feb 2012
14th Feb 2012
Reply message RE: How many images are enough? gkaiseril Gold Member
14th Feb 2012

Forums Lobby CAFÉ English Café (Public) topic #79224 Previous topic | Next topic