Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #78024
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Cloudy Day Color Photography: Panama Canal" Previous topic | Next topic
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. Charter MemberThu 22-Dec-11 10:07 PM
8482 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Cloudy Day Color Photography: Panama Canal"
In response to In response to 4

Phoenix, US

Mel:

Thanks for your comments. Alwaus nice to hear from you. The two vantage points offered from the owner's suite are unmatched. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in getting unobstructed images. I was told that the upper decks were crowded four and five deep much of the time, with people pushing and shoving to get near the front rail.

I always get a kick out of the number of people taking pictures of objects hundreds of feet away with their cell phones and P/S cameras and firing the flash units. In the pre-digital P/S camera days, Kodak loved these people who were using the old Flash Cube technology with the mechanical igniter. How times and technology have changed.

There were on-shore authorities all over the place, smiling and waving as we passed through the locks at both ends. There were apparently no restrictions concerning photography. I have no idea if there is any form of inspection of the 40,000 ships from all over the world passing through the canal every year. I suspect it is largely a matter of trust. A terrorist event that disables the locks at either end of the canal would produce immediate and enormous political and financial problems on a global scale.

Your post in this thread appeared while I was composing my reply to Mathew, Mike and Mick, wherein I mentioned the WB encryption issue. Thanks for your input. I am probably becoming compulsive/obsessive over this issue ... but am curious enough to pursue it for a while longer.

Regards,

HBB in Phoenix, Arizona
Nikonian Team Member

Photography is a journey with no conceivable destination.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

This is a hot, active topic!Cloudy Day Color Photography: Panama Canal [View all] , HBB Moderator, Wed 21-Dec-11 09:17 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Cloudy Day Color Photography: Panama Canal
Matto Silver Member
21st Dec 2011
rectangularimage Silver Member
22nd Dec 2011
mklass Platinum Member
22nd Dec 2011
HBB Moderator
22nd Dec 2011
MelT
22nd Dec 2011
HBB Moderator
22nd Dec 2011
rectangularimage Silver Member
23rd Dec 2011
ScottChapin Moderator
23rd Dec 2011
mklass Platinum Member
23rd Dec 2011
ScottChapin Moderator
23rd Dec 2011
agitater Gold Member
23rd Dec 2011
ScottChapin Moderator
23rd Dec 2011
agitater Gold Member
23rd Dec 2011
ScottChapin Moderator
23rd Dec 2011
HBB Moderator
23rd Dec 2011
ScottChapin Moderator
23rd Dec 2011
agitater Gold Member
23rd Dec 2011
agitater Gold Member
23rd Dec 2011
HBB Moderator
23rd Dec 2011
agitater Gold Member
23rd Dec 2011
mklass Platinum Member
23rd Dec 2011
HBB Moderator
24th Dec 2011
agitater Gold Member
24th Dec 2011

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #78024 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.