Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #475
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Re: "Changing times... good or bad?"" Previous topic | Next topic
f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberThu 21-Sep-00 09:47 AM
2947 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#26. "RE: Re: "Changing times... good or bad?""
In response to In response to 24

Private, UM

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-00 AT 12:29 PM (GMT)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-00 AT 12:26 PM (GMT)

"A pro just needs to get a large number of well-enough-exposed, well-enough-focused pictures." REALLY

"And, sirs, the fault is yours." I hope so, since Nikon is producing exactly what I want.

Why are you constantly bashing Nikon and the newer Nikon products? It certainly appears to me that you are. Now, this is totally my opinion, not because I'm a moderator or because I own a Nikon,it's just a feeling I have from reading your messages.
I have many photos taken at F/2.8 (where DOF is only a dream), in AF mode, with an N70, N90s, F100 and F5 and the greater majority of them have turned out to be sharp. This is with either Nikkor and/or Tokina AT-X lenses. Why do you insist on implying Nikon AF does not operate that well?
("They even admitted,when asked about AF accuracy vs. manual, that "how to obtain the best esolution... is quite partial and extreme for the evaluation of the company".")
Many features developed by a corporation for a product are extremely hard to evaluate. In autos, ride quality, steering handling, acceleration are all subjective measures. The customer will evaluate and let you know, through sales whether or not you have it correct.
If you feel that what a company has not manufactured what you want or require, you can always purchase another comparable product from another manufacturer (in most cases).
Getting back to the original subject, if you do not like change, you will be left behind, for change will always be taking place. Whether or not it is for the best depends on you, or whether or not you like it, it will always happen.
I do understand that you will get the last word in on this subject, even if it requires going into another topic and expressing it, so go at it. I personally will not enter this topic site from this day forward. It was a great topic; however, it somehow went from "Change" to Nikon bashing and I don't need this. Al started this topic here because of some discussion on metal versus plastic bodies in the Bodies forum, yet, that discussion on the F100 was drawn over to this discussion.

So, have a great day,
DD

"Take only photographs, leave only footprints"

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

This is a hot, active topic!changing times... good or bad? [View all] , f8bthere , Fri 15-Sep-00 02:23 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: changing times... good or bad?
frankie
15th Sep 2000
Reply message this site is very civil
f8bthere
15th Sep 2000
Reply message ...good or bad? Both.
BJNicholls Gold Member
15th Sep 2000
AlanC
15th Sep 2000
Reply message piano analogy
f8bthere
15th Sep 2000
frankie
16th Sep 2000
AlanC
16th Sep 2000
bgs Administrator
15th Sep 2000
f5fstop
15th Sep 2000
f8bthere
15th Sep 2000
BJNicholls Gold Member
15th Sep 2000
f5fstop
15th Sep 2000
photobri
16th Sep 2000
Reply message Re: "Changing times... good or bad?"
geo
18th Sep 2000
Reply message RE: Re: "Changing times... good or bad?"
f5fstop
18th Sep 2000
frankie
18th Sep 2000
geo
19th Sep 2000
frankie
19th Sep 2000
geo
19th Sep 2000
frankie
19th Sep 2000
avm247 Moderator
19th Sep 2000
BJNicholls Gold Member
20th Sep 2000
frankie
20th Sep 2000
geo
21st Sep 2000
Adesso
21st Sep 2000
f5fstop
21st Sep 2000
frankie
21st Sep 2000
BJNicholls Gold Member
21st Sep 2000
geo
21st Sep 2000
frankie
21st Sep 2000
                                                  Reply message a tip of the hat
f8bthere
21st Sep 2000
                                                  Reply message RE: a tip of the hat
frankie
22nd Sep 2000
                                                  Reply message RE: On Change
jrp Administrator
23rd Sep 2000
BJNicholls Gold Member
23rd Sep 2000
bgs Administrator
24th Sep 2000
jrp Administrator
25th Sep 2000

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #475 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.