nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby CAFÉ English Café (Public) topic #328
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: The ethics of journalism" Previous topic | Next topic
Mikepoison   Amsterdam, NL  Basic Member Mon 24-Jul-00 09:12 AM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: The ethics of journalism"
In response to In response to 4

In these cases I think it would be better to snap images with an APS instead of an F5 with dual flash. it's less intrusive, and it doesn't generate the idea of a "professional going for a shot".

The difference between not shooting an image because of ethics and humanity (not a bad thing =) and shooting an image with a tiny camera that will not be found offensive, is still an erntire celluloid exposure, which will be able to trigger memories afterwards.

Shooting in this case with a small APS is still better than not shooting with a "small" SLR like the Pronea S (which has, agree with me, the cutest flash in SLR-country). Perhaps something like the new lite-touch zoom 120ED or something. Maybe an Ixus would be better (read: smaller) still.

Okay.. umm.. now hold on there JRP, I know what you're thinking and I'm not a kwanon sympathist! really! this is not about SLRs, but APSes.. right? You know it makes sense! now don't lynch me

Mike K.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote

A general, generic topicThe ethics of journalism [View all] , Mikepoison , Thu 20-Jul-00 09:00 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: The ethics of journalism avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
20th Jul 2000
Reply message RE: The ethics of journalism jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources
22nd Jul 2000
     Reply message RE: The ethics of journalism frankie
23rd Jul 2000
          Reply message RE: The ethics of journalism jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources
23rd Jul 2000
               Reply message RE: The ethics of journalism Mikepoison
24th Jul 2000
                    Reply message RE: The ethics of journalism bbleigh
20th Sep 2000
21st Sep 2000

Forums Lobby CAFÉ English Café (Public) topic #328 Previous topic | Next topic