nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #1905
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: What was the right thing to do?" Previous topic | Next topic
Obregon Moderator Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberSun 28-Oct-01 01:51 PM
2486 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#25. "RE: What was the right thing to do?"
In response to In response to 0

New York City, US

And now a follow-up.

After all the discussion of this question, I felt I had to return to the scene of the crime. So once again I got up in the wee smalls, drove 50 miles and was set up by the pond/lake at 7:00 AM as the sun came up. There was no photographer here ahead of me, but there were swans. I set up my camera and realized that to get a good shot that made the swans a significant element against the fall-leaved background, the swans had to get much closer to me than they were this trip, or then they had been on the last trip. Now I understand the guy's frustration. To get a good shot, the swans had to be close! Even though I was quiet and hid myself from the birds while assembling my equipment on the first trip, he had hopes they would come in closer so he could get that shot.

Although they moved all over the lake during the hour I waited, they never got close enough. And no combination of focal lengths helped me. So I hope he got his picture, allthough I also realize that his tripod would have had to be much lower if he wanted to get bird and background.

The funniest part of my second day was that while I was sitting on the ground behind my low tripod and waiting, half a dozen people stopped, got out of their cars, stood next to me and took photographs. After all the discussion here, I never said a word.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote

This is a hot, active topic!What was the right thing to do? [View all] , Obregon Moderator Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Wed 17-Oct-01 08:03 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: What was the right thing to do?
jnscbl
17th Oct 2001
f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources
17th Oct 2001
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources
17th Oct 2001
BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources
18th Oct 2001
Clubsport
18th Oct 2001
Duck
21st Oct 2001
photonav
21st Oct 2001
bbleigh
22nd Oct 2001
jstream Silver Member
22nd Oct 2001
Photophil Awarded for his valuable contributions to the Resources, most notably in Wildlife Photography
22nd Oct 2001
Clubsport
23rd Oct 2001
Photophil Awarded for his valuable contributions to the Resources, most notably in Wildlife Photography
23rd Oct 2001
Clubsport
23rd Oct 2001
mythrenegade
23rd Oct 2001
24th Oct 2001
Clubsport
24th Oct 2001
24th Oct 2001
Reply message The Golden Rule
bbleigh
24th Oct 2001
mythrenegade
25th Oct 2001
Ed
25th Oct 2001
bbleigh
25th Oct 2001
25th Oct 2001
     Reply message Have Nitro Will Trade
bbleigh
25th Oct 2001
25th Oct 2001
Obregon Moderator Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
28th Oct 2001
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources
28th Oct 2001

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #1905 Previous topic | Next topic