nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #151567
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Bird I.D. Please" Previous topic | Next topic
psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Wed 30-Jan-13 01:45 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Bird I.D. Please"
In response to In response to 1
Wed 30-Jan-13 07:53 PM by psf914

Traverse City, US

Rick

Thanks for the info. I looked up Harlan's on the web and if this isn't one I don't know what it might be. Coloring looks right..Would have liked to see it from behind but it bolted and disappeared. The face looks indentical in coloring to the photos of other Harlans. I'd never heard of this Hawk until now. Appreciate the feedback.

Peter

Rick

just heard back from a couple expert sources on Hawks and they confirmed this is a Light Morph Harlan's Red Tail. One friend also told me you don't seen this very often. Interested to see if anyone else has photographed one now. Good catch.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicLight Morph Harlan's Red Tail Hawk [View all] , psf914 , Tue 29-Jan-13 11:12 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Bird I.D. Please
rb4good Silver Member
30th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Bird I.D. Please
psf914
30th Jan 2013

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #151567 Previous topic | Next topic