Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #151509
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: User Settings for Birds in Flight" Previous topic | Next topic
vangophotos Silver Member Nikonian since 01st May 2012Thu 31-Jan-13 08:30 PM
207 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: User Settings for Birds in Flight"
In response to In response to 0
Thu 31-Jan-13 08:32 PM by vangophotos

San Antonio, US

I have my banks programmed for (1) human portraits, and (2) macro photography with the 105mm. Since shutter speed was my main objective with bank (2), this will be useful for birds in flight.

- Auto ISO (I set mine up to 3200)
Here's an article on it: http://photos4clix.com/?p=2050

- Shutter priority (Minimum shutter speed, at least 1/focal length of your lens)
For my macro settings, I have it on aperture priority since DOF is such a big issue in macro photography.

- Auto white balance

- RAW + JPEG (my preference)

Hope this helps!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as having a questionUser Settings for Birds in Flight [View all] , Octobercrow1 , Mon 28-Jan-13 02:27 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: User Settings for Birds in Flight
vangophotos Silver Member
31st Jan 2013
Reply message RE: User Settings for Birds in Flight
Winterfell Silver Member
02nd Feb 2013

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #151509 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.