nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61187
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Pocket Wizards Plus II" Previous topic | Next topic
M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Sat 06-Apr-13 04:38 AM
683 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Pocket Wizards Plus II"
In response to In response to 2
Sat 06-Apr-13 05:34 AM by M_Jackson

Jackson, US

I dug around and found the old paperwork. The O position is labeled "Normal" and the I or Hyphen is labeled "Pre-Trigger".

The paperwork says the Pre-Triggering option is much like having your finger pressed halfway down on the shutter button, making the triggering much more responsive. It keeps the camera awake but can drain the battery quicker.

When set to normal, the camera will try to auto-focus and meter before shooting.

Since I was already set to manual focus and manual exposure, I would think the Normal setting would fire immediately when the remote trigger is pressed. I am not getting consistent firing when in this mode, or no firing at all.

Oh yes, my SU800 is in the hot shoe, so the PW Plus II has to be connected with the cable.

Thanks for the comments.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicPocket Wizards Plus II [View all] , M_Jackson Silver Member, Fri 05-Apr-13 09:30 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Pocket Wizards Plus II
M_Jackson Silver Member
05th Apr 2013
ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography
06th Apr 2013
M_Jackson Silver Member
06th Apr 2013

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61187 Previous topic | Next topic