Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61113
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Studio Lighting" Previous topic | Next topic
chiefmasterjedi Registered since 26th Feb 2009Tue 26-Mar-13 04:47 PM
300 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Studio Lighting"
In response to In response to 4

US

I agree with everyone about Paul C Buff products, I have 2x Einsteins and 2x AB800 with numerous light stands and modifiers. But if you are new to studio lights then you will have a steep learning curve to overcome. Lighting is not as complicated as some make it out to be but for the newcomer it can be very frustrating.
If you are only going to use your lights indoors for nice soft portraits, then you might want to consider constant lights instead of strobes. Constant lighting is not as powerful as strobes but it is a lot easier to for the newcomer. You just set the lights up by eye then use your camera's meter to expose the shot, just like you would outside.
On the other hand, if you intend to get serious about lighting, like shooting large groups, events, glamor or want to use your lights outside, then you will want to get strobes. If you understand how speedlights work in manual mode or/and off camera, then strobes should be an easy transition.

I hope this help,

Chris C.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.
Visit my web site.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicStudio Lighting [View all] , timf23 , Sun 24-Mar-13 11:49 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Studio Lighting
MEMcD Moderator
24th Mar 2013
ScottChapin Moderator
24th Mar 2013
PeterBeckett Gold Member
25th Mar 2013
timf23
25th Mar 2013
chiefmasterjedi
26th Mar 2013
seres2
26th Mar 2013
NenBikonian
30th Mar 2013
chiefmasterjedi
04th Apr 2013
DinoCardelli Silver Member
01st Apr 2013
benveniste Moderator
01st Apr 2013
timf23
10th Apr 2013

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61113 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.