nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61099
View in linear mode

Subject: "LED "Ring flashes"" Previous topic | Next topic
mkbee1 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2012Sat 23-Mar-13 03:33 PM
663 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"LED "Ring flashes""

West Valley, US

Has anyone used one of the new (to me) Macro LED ring "flashes"?

So far, I have been using my SB600 either on the hot shoe, or on a Stroboframe bracket, with SC17 cord and bounce card for macro, but think I "need" something a bit more compact.

They look as if they will really be a nice addition for macro photography, once the initial bugs are ironed out.

It seems to me as if they are not really flashes, but a modified blinking/continuous lighting fixture, a'la movie lights of the past.

The specs I have read claim sync of 1/100-1/250 sec, and color temperature of ~3000K to 15,000K, which seems to be a function of either (1)the power fed to the LEDS, or, (2) the colored plastic covers that will fit over the head.

Does anyone have one of these, and what are your impressions?

It is a Fine and Pleasant Madness

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as having a questionLED "Ring flashes" [View all] , mkbee1 Silver Member, Sat 23-Mar-13 03:33 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: LED "Ring flashes"
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
23rd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: LED "Ring flashes"
mkbee1 Silver Member
10th Apr 2013

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61099 Previous topic | Next topic