nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question)

Arkayem

Richmond Hill, GA (Savannah), US
6044 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question)"

Arkayem Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in flash photography Charter Member
Sun 24-Mar-13 04:28 PM

>Oh wow I can't thank you enough for this wonderful
>information. I was starting to panic a bit on this one. But
>now feel I am in a bit more control of the set up so than you
>all again.
>
>Any thoughts on the 'gelling' issue?

I have had hit or miss results with gelling. The problem is that I often cannot find a gel that matches the ambient accurately enough.

I have had much better success overpowering the ambient with my flash. If you look at my 'cookbook' blog, I explain how to set your camera so that your flash will be primary and you overpower the ambient.
http://nikonclspracticalguide.blogspot.com/2009/12/camera-flash-cookbook-for-any-lighting.html

Russ
Nikonian Moderator
Russell MacDonald Photography
Nikon CLS Practical Guide

A topic tagged as in need of help SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question) [View all] , JMANUCH , Fri 22-Mar-13 10:00 AM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question) HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources.
22nd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question) ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography
22nd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question) HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources.
22nd Mar 2013
     Reply message RE: SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question) ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography
23rd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question) Arkayem Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in flash photography
24th Mar 2013
24th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question) JMANUCH
24th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question) Arkayem Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in flash photography
24th Mar 2013