nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question)

ScottChapin

Powder Springs, US
8626 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question)"

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter Member
Sat 23-Mar-13 10:47 AM

Hal,

>"Guerilla Group Shooter" ... It has a nice
>ring to it.

LOL,,, I have spent so many hours making group photos work in lousy conditions. They have been high school choirs and concert bands. I'm always scheming of ways to force things to work.

I usually shoot with three flash units. Two are outboard and one on camera. My light fall off from side to side is immaterial. The big concern for me is uneven illumination from front to back, Also, the pinhead affect is a concern when you get too many rows.

It also is a good idea to have more people in the back rows than the front rows. Otherwise, perspective makes the back rows appear shorter and your nice rectangle looks like a trapezoid. Of course, this is most apparent when my groups get up to 230 in size.

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA

Nikonians Team Member

A topic tagged as in need of help SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question) [View all] , JMANUCH , Fri 22-Mar-13 10:00 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: SB910 Lighting Question (2 part question)