Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61072
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: SB800 flash on 4x5 Graflex" Previous topic | Next topic
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. Charter MemberFri 22-Mar-13 04:46 PM
8462 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SB800 flash on 4x5 Graflex"
In response to In response to 1

Phoenix, US

Dave:

Michael has given you excellent advice.

A few years ago, I equipped a friend of mine who shoots with a fifty or sixty year old wood/brass, 8 x 10 inch view camera with a cable so he could trigger an on-camera SB800 which in turn triggered remote SB800s in soft boxes/umbrellas, in SU-4 mode. As Michael points out, Copal, and other view camera shutters are simple switch closures, and involve no voltage of any kind. This configuration worked very well.

I'm not sure where we acquired the cable, but I have used Paramount before, and they will surely be able to supply one with necessary fittings.

Regards,

HBB in Phoenix, Arizona
Nikonian Team Member

Photography is a journey with no conceivable destination.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as having a questionSB800 flash on 4x5 Graflex [View all] , cdlind Silver Member, Thu 21-Mar-13 01:20 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: SB800 flash on 4x5 Graflex
benveniste Moderator
21st Mar 2013
HBB Moderator
22nd Mar 2013
cdlind Silver Member
23rd Mar 2013
cdlind Silver Member
23rd Mar 2013
benveniste Moderator
23rd Mar 2013
Arthur Laurent Silver Member
26th Mar 2013
benveniste Moderator
26th Mar 2013

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61072 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.