Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60695
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: SB600, Gary Fong Lightsphere, vertical" Previous topic | Next topic
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Thu 31-Jan-13 10:40 PM
1270 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: SB600, Gary Fong Lightsphere, vertical"
In response to In response to 5
Thu 31-Jan-13 10:41 PM by quenton8

Toronto, CA

Thanks all -- I THINK I have figured it out.

I wear glasses and wear them when shooting, I have the viewfinder adjusted for the glasses -- very nice.

With the lightsphere in the hotshoe and the camera horizontal, no problem.

With the camera vertical and the lightsphere rotated as suggested in the instructions that came with it, the sphere is quite close to the viewfinder and light gets in around my glasses.

If I put my hand between the lightsphere and the camera body it shades the viewfinder and keeps light from creeping in.

If I take off my glasses and put my eye tight the viewfinder the exposure is as expected.

I have had a problem with this for close to 2 years -- posting here forced me to look much more closely.

Not sure where I will take it from here -- but knowing, I can deal with it. And maybe I DO need to get the flash off the camera -- its just that doing candid's at our church, people already comment on the very large "thing" I carry around

----
Dennis Smith.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicSB600, Gary Fong Lightsphere, vertical [View all] , quenton8 Silver Member, Tue 29-Jan-13 08:22 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: SB600, Gary Fong Lightsphere, vertical
mklass Platinum Member
29th Jan 2013
MEMcD Moderator
29th Jan 2013
quenton8 Silver Member
30th Jan 2013
SweetMK
30th Jan 2013
Arkayem Moderator
31st Jan 2013
quenton8 Silver Member
31st Jan 2013
Arkayem Moderator
31st Jan 2013
quenton8 Silver Member
31st Jan 2013
RABaker
01st Feb 2013
MEMcD Moderator
01st Feb 2013

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60695 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.