nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

SB600, Gary Fong Lightsphere, vertical

quenton8

Toronto, CA
1431 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: SB600, Gary Fong Lightsphere, vertical"

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010
Thu 31-Jan-13 10:40 PM | edited Thu 31-Jan-13 10:41 PM by quenton8

Thanks all -- I THINK I have figured it out.

I wear glasses and wear them when shooting, I have the viewfinder adjusted for the glasses -- very nice.

With the lightsphere in the hotshoe and the camera horizontal, no problem.

With the camera vertical and the lightsphere rotated as suggested in the instructions that came with it, the sphere is quite close to the viewfinder and light gets in around my glasses.

If I put my hand between the lightsphere and the camera body it shades the viewfinder and keeps light from creeping in.

If I take off my glasses and put my eye tight the viewfinder the exposure is as expected.

I have had a problem with this for close to 2 years -- posting here forced me to look much more closely.

Not sure where I will take it from here -- but knowing, I can deal with it. And maybe I DO need to get the flash off the camera -- its just that doing candid's at our church, people already comment on the very large "thing" I carry around

----
Dennis Smith.

A general, generic topic SB600, Gary Fong Lightsphere, vertical [View all] , quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Tue 29-Jan-13 08:22 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: SB600, Gary Fong Lightsphere, vertical